Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Charge Your Electric Vehicle.

Whilst out and about in Peterborough it became apparent that you can now charge your electric vehicle whilst using parking bays on  Park Road.There are also pods or charging points in Haven Car Park on Bishops Road and outside the Eco Innovation Centre in City Road / Midgate. When exactly they were installed I am not sure but they form part of the Source East scheme.
800 charging points throughout the East of England as part of this scheme means that anybody with an electric vehicle or ev for short is only ever 25 miles away from a charging point.

 
I have to say that when I noticed these points there were no vehicles using them. This I am sure will change as more and more electric vehicles are coming on the market and in time prices will become more affordable.

2 comments:

  1. I've noticed the number of charging stations growing everywhere, too. I guess the theory is: if we build it, they will come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could be right Cari Lorine. The infrastructure needs putting in place first then people will be more likely to see the benefits of altrnative travel.

    ReplyDelete